2018 CISA Conference
Thank you for joining us in Cairns
It was a pleasure to have you all attend the 8th CISA National Conference in Cairns, Queensland. The conference was an opportunity to engage with international students in a forum that was developing a vision for the future of international students in Australia and the international education sector.
The Council of International Student Australia (CISA) is the national peak student representative organisation for international students studying at the postgraduate, undergraduate, private college, TAFE, ELICOS and foundation level within Australia. CISA represents the 700,000 international students studying in Australia.
At a national level, CISA lobbies the federal government, peak education sector bodies, and interacts with international education organisations in other countries. On a state level, the CISA Divisions lobby the education providers, state and local government, and interacts with campus-level student organisations.
CISA represents and advocates for the interests and needs of all international students on a broad number of topics, such as education quality and learning outcomes, immigration, employment rights, travel and accommodation.
International students touch and are touched by all facets of life in Australia. As such, CISA strives to communicate its policy positions to a broad cross-section of Australian society.
Rydges Esplanade Cairns
209-217 Abbott St
Cairns City QLD 4870
Please contact the team at Conference Design for all conference enquiries.
- 03 6231 299
- International +61 3 6231 2999
Name Badge & Award Sponsor
Display Site Sponsor
Display Site Sponsor
Studying in Australia by Shivi Bhalla
When Shivi Bhalla first set foot in Australia, little did he know that he was destined for a mission — to assist international students in achieving their dream of living in Australia, and to ensure they overcome the hurdles of their transition. Shivi’s book, Studying in Australia, is a guide to settling in, finding a job and permanent residency in Australia is a down-to-earth, no-nonsense book that throws in the right mindset combined with resources to ensure that living in Australia is a delightful dream.
Shivi’s book will be launched during the welcome reception on Monday evening.
At the Conference
The CISA conferences are about empowering international students and celebrating their contribution to the Australian community.
The 2018 conference program has been planned to provide:
- international student attendees with important information
- industry with the opportunity to interact with international student leaders
- feedback to the CISA executive to develop strategies and positions on a range of topics
- provide a focus on the emerging trends and opportunities impacting international students and the international education sector
Who Should Attend?
- Next generation political, business and community leaders
- International student representatives from education providers across Australia
- International student ambassadors from regional study clusters across Australia
- Australian students who have a keen interest and dedication towards supporting and actively representing international student/education issues
Experts in their respective fields whose opinions are influential, including but not limited to:
- University, VET/TAFE, ELICOS and School leaders
- Student services and support staff from all sectors
- Federal, state and local government representatives and policy-makers
- Service industry providers
- Media representatives
Cairns, the gateway to Australia’s Great Barrier Reef, is a city in tropical Far North Queensland. Cairns is a spectacular place to visit with lots of wonderful things to do all and a gorgeous backdrop of lush tropical mountains and view of the sparkling Coral Sea.
The Conference Venue, Rydges Esplanade Resort, is located conveniently on the Esplanade, lined with world class restaurants, laid back cafes, pubs and bars so you can enjoy a cool drink and some great shopping for a bit of retail therapy.
The Cairns Esplanade Foreshore and Lagoon is the place to be with something for everyone no matter what age you are. There’s a gorgeous lagoon to swim in all year round, fun picnic area and a boardwalk to walk on at sunset or run on at sunrise. The Esplanade is also host to weekly live entertainment so you can sit back on the grass and enjoy live music, fire twirling, animal shows and famed Cairns buskers.