Invitation to Submit
On behalf of the organising committee, we invite you to submit an abstract/s for possible inclusion in the 2017 National Outdoor Education Conference program.
All submissions will undergo a peer review process by the Program Committee. The Program Committee will allocate accepted submissions to the program, taking into account the quality of each abstract, the balance of the program and the relevance to the overall conference theme: Wisdom of the Past – Exploring the Future.
- Teaching and Learning (curriculum, teaching, learning, assessment and facilitation)
- Human-Nature interactions (including place-based education, indigenous education, environmental education, sustainability education and social justice)
- Adventure, Safety and Risk (includes adventurous learning, skill awareness and development, knowledge and qualifications, safe learning environments)
- Contemporary Issues (Including early years and OE, positive psychology & wellbeing and innovation, global perspectives, feminist perspectives, inclusion)
We invite you to submit abstracts for the following formats. While you will be asked to indicate your preferred presentation format, the program committee may request an alternative format be considered. The committee will allocate abstracts and papers to the program taking into account the preference of authors and the balance of the program.
All submissions are required to submit an abstract as plain text in the Presentation Portal. A word document is not required for upload.
Oral Presentation – Long
Long oral presentations will be allocated 40 minutes presentation, including question time.
Oral Presentation – Express
Express oral presentations will be allocated 15 minutes presentation, including question time.
Oral presentations will be scheduled during the concurrent sessions in the conference program within the stream that they are best suited to.
Workshops will be allocated 90 minutes for presentation.
Please indicate in your abstract submission if you have any specific workshop requirements.
An A0 portrait size poster that will be displayed for the duration of the Conference.
The abstract and a digital PDF of each accepted poster will be included on the conference website for delegates to view.
AO Poster Measurements
841 mm wide x 1189 mm high
33.1 inches wide x 46.8 inches high
How to Submit
Submissions are due by 8 September 2017 and can be submitted via the presentation portal on this website. Abstracts received after this date will not be accepted.
- Abstracts should not exceed 250 words for oral and poster submissions and 300 words for workshop submissions.Save your file to your computer with the last and first name of the submitting author for the file name (Lastname-Firstname).
- Enter your contact details
Go to the Presentation Portal (above) to enter your contact details
- Enter Presenter and Author details
Enter names and affiliations of the presenter and authors. Also enter brief biography of the presenter(s), 100 words is sufficient.
- Enter your abstract details
‘Type or Cut and Paste’ the abstract text 250 or 300 words and into the relevant field in the Presentation Portal.
The Program Committee will review all submitted abstracts.
As there are limited places for oral presentations some abstracts submitted for oral presentation may be offered posters. Authors in these cases will be advised and asked to confirm whether they wish to present a poster.
All presenters will be required to register for the conference and pay the appropriate registration fee. Presenters also need to meet their own travel and accommodation costs.
Authors will be notified of the status of their submissions in time to register at the early bird rate.
At the time of the Conference
- Session Chair Guidelines (coming soon)
- Presenter Guidelines (coming soon)
Each session room will be equipped for the presentation of PowerPoint slides and include a data projector, computer with external speakers, lectern and microphone.
Presenters will take their Power Point slides to the meeting on a memory stick, where an audiovisual technician will load your presentation.
Video and audio clips should be embedded in your Power Point slides rather than linking to external files.
All slides will be run from a central presentation computer. However, if you have a complex presentation, which includes multiple media files, we suggest you bring your own laptop as a backup in case of difficulties loading your presentation.