Thank you for presenting at the 12th Polar Law Symposium
Please check the Symposium Program to re-confirm the day, time and room of your session. Whilst we don’t anticipate any changes please check the program again prior to your session.
Below are some tips to assist you, most importantly please ensure you start and finish your presentation on time.
- Please prepare a 15-minute presentation. PowerPoint slide shows are permissible.
- Most sessions are 90 minutes with some time allocated at the end for questions. Please check the program for speaking times in your session (sessions have either 3, 4 or 5 speakers).
- The chairs will be instructed to keep strictly to time because of live-streaming and commitments during the breaks.
If you wish to have your presentation published as a fully-reviewed paper in The Yearbook of Polar Law Vol. 12, ISSN: 1876-8814, please observe the following instructions:
- Prepare a Word document of no more than 8,000 words (including bibliography)
- Authors should write in English only
- Use the Chicago Author/Date style (attached) or use Footnotes in the same style. Do not use Endnotes
- Brill – the publisher – has their own font, which can be downloaded from brill.com/page/290?lang=en
- Provide a short abstract
- Provide up to 5 keywords
- The resolution of illustrations should be sufficient for printing: 300 d.p.i. for greyscale illustrations and 600 d.p.i. for line illustrations (black lines only) at a minimum width of 11cm. Illustrations in Word, PowerPoint, Excel (only tabular data can be used by the typesetters to create a new illustration) and PDF are not acceptable; the source file should be TIFF, EPS or JPEG
- The author should obtain all permissions of illustrations/maps/tables etc. used in the manuscript and should send a proof of that permission to the Editor
- All illustrations/maps/tables etc. will be printed in black and white only
The deadline for submissions for papers is 30 January 2020.
Co-Convenor and YPL12 Editor