Please click on the below image to view an introduction to the online platform, through which you will participate in the conference.
Both online and hub delegates will be provided with a unique log-in to access the online ABC portal.
Although streamed to a central point, we do encourage all hub attendees to bring a device (either iPad or laptop) with them to participate in Q&A and discover the online resources.
The online portal will allow you to watch sessions, network, ask questions through a text Q&A box, and connect with our exhibitors.
Yes, you can! When you commence a sponsor or exhibitor meeting, you will be asked if you wish to enable/turn off the recording function. If both parties give consent for the meeting to be recorded you will be permitted to ‘enable recording’ and can also download your conversation afterwards.
A personalised link will be sent to you via email prior to the event. Please check your junk folder if you do not receive the access email.
If you do not receive the email at least 5-days from the event, please contact email@example.com to have it re-sent to you.
- Early-access to uploaded presentations in the online Conference Resource Gallery.
- Access to all sessions and live Q&A during the Conference Week.
- Online networking sessions.
- Access to the online meeting hub to send messages and take video calls with other attendees.
- Access to the online exhibition hall to access conference sponsor’s displays and materials.
- Access to the online poster gallery.
- Access to the post-conference recordings of all Conference sessions (orals, live/chat Q&A, invited orals).
No. All payments need to be received to Conference Design before the online portal link will be sent to you. Full payment of your registration fee is due within 14 days of submitting your registration for the event.
During sessions, there is a Question & Answer (Q&A) function where you are able to ask presenters questions by typing in the text field.
At the end of each session block, there will be a Q&A session for all speakers if the presentation has not run over time.
Questions posted during the session will be moderated by the session chairperson. Only the session chair and presenters will be able to speak or be seen.
Following the sessions, you will have the option to contact the presenter/s through the ‘Meeting Hub’ – which is like an online meeting room – with further questions.
Yes, the online conference will feature a Poster gallery. You will be able to connect with the Poster presenters via the Meeting Hub during the event.
Networking functions will be featured as part of the program and these will be conducted in ‘real-time’ for conversation, brainstorming and networking.
The committee considers all Australasian time zones and those of other regions where delegates will be based when creating the program. To check your timezone please click here.
You will be able to change the timezone in the online conference portal, so that session times reflect your timezone.
- System access requirements
- Will I have to download specific software?
- What is a 'virtual exhibition'?
- What is the Meeting Hub?
- Networking sessions
- How to refresh portal data
- How to clear your cache
- How to allow your mic and webcam access in your browser
- How to allow blocked cookies
- How to disable other sound devices
If you will be participating in the conference from within your workplace, you will need to ensure that your workplace firewall does not block access to the streaming platforms of the sessions and networking functions. You should check access with your IT department as early as possible as it may take a few days or weeks for your request to be processed.
Below is a list of all the streaming platforms that will be used during the online conference. Your IT department will need to allow these programs to enable you to access the online events.
*These are not weblinks and cannot be tested through pasting them into an internet browser
- The IP addresses used for Twilio REST APIs are highly dynamic, and span a large range, so it’s impractical to list each of them. Instead we recommend you allow all outbound HTTPS traffic to any *.twilio.com subdomain
Please note: If you are accessing the platform using Google Chrome, then you should experience no issues gaining access to the online conference portal from within your workplace. If the above sites are not whitelisted, then your organisation may block access to the streamed presentations and conference sessions and you will not be able to watch any of the sessions.
If you have any concerns about accessing the online conference portal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You will not need to download specific software to participate in the event. You will be provided with a web-link prior to the commencement of the event to our online conference system called OnAIR.
- You will be required to use Google Chrome internet browser to access the portal.
- Provides full online support before and during the event for attendees, speakers, session chairs and exhibitors.
The OnAir platform works best on Chrome. For optimal use of the platform you will need to access the OnAIR portal on a PC and in Google Chrome.
Click the below image to install Chrome.
At online or ‘virtual’ exhibitions, delegates can engage one-on-one with exhibitors. Exhibitor information, downloadable brochures, exhibition opening times, and engagement in ‘instant meetings’ with exhibitors are just some of the features available to all delegates via the online platform.
Through the ‘contact exchange’ feature, exhibitors have access to a ‘Lead Generator’ which allows exhibitors to capture specific information from delegates (who have given consent), for follow-up after the event.
The Meeting Hub is a feature of the online system which allows you to engage in real-time discussions with other attendees and exchange contact details.
Users can communicate via direct message, live chat, video call, arrange set meetings, and export the contacts they have gathered, at any point throughout the event.
When using Meeting Hub delegates search for attendees, request meetings, and once accepted, engage in video conversations.
Sponsor and exhibitor representatives are also permitted to access the Meeting Hub.
- Profile picture not updating
- Sessions not working or showing an incorrect video
- Changes made to the timeline that aren’t displaying for the attendee
- Audio/video issues.
This is generally one of the first steps you should follow if you are experiencing technical difficulties.
Click the below image to enlarge.
Open the page inspector in your browser.
This can be done by:
- Right-clicking on the page and selecting inspect
- Pressing F12
- Pressing Ctrl + Shift + I
A window will open in your browser.
Right-click on the refresh button, found to the left of the URL bar, and select Empty Cache and Hard Reload.
Click the below image to enlarge.
To check these settings have been allowed:
- Right-click on the padlock icon in the URL bar.
- Make sure the Microphone and Camera are both set to allow.
- Changing these will block your browser from using these devices.
- Clicking on Site Permissions bring you to the full Site Permissions page for the Chrome browser.
Click the below images to enlarge.
To check this:
- Right click on the speaker icon (lower right corner).
- Select open volume mixer.
To disable the other devices right click on the speaker icon again and select open sound settings. In the sound settings select manage sound devices.
Select any device not in use and disable them. Then, close the portal and then re-open it.
Click images to enlarge.