You will need to take into consideration the following before starting a video recording:
- What resources will you use to use to record your presentation? A webcam, slides with audio recording, or a combination of both?
- Will you be using slides in your recording? If so, what software will you use?
- Do you need to incorporate any other media into your recording (e.g. websites, videos, data files, etc.)?
- Do you wish to be included in the video recording as audio-only, or audio and video? In other words, do you want your face to appear on the video recording?
- Will you do a one-shot recording? (Hit start, record your presentation, and stop). Or, will you be combining the best parts of multiple recordings and editing out unwanted portions?
- What is your skill level with using video recording software and technology? Will you need to ask for help?