Gippsland Allied Health Symposium
11 June 2021
Invitation to Participate
On behalf of the 2021 Gippsland Allied Health Symposium Organising committee, we invite you to attend the 5th Gippsland Allied Health Online Symposium, which for the first time will be delivered as an online symposium.
The 5th Gippsland Allied Health Symposium will maintain many of the aspects important to you when attending the symposium and will provide opportunities for you to hear from a network of fellow professionals and industry suppliers.
The Gippsland Allied Health Symposium provides an opportunity for participants to share ideas, expertise and experiences around important areas of allied health practice, professional development and research. The focus of this 5th Symposium is Future ready – inspiration, innovation and insight.
We invite you to join us to reflect on what we have learned from 2020 and how those lessons can shape our responses to current and future challenges.
2021 GAHS Chair
Registration opening 8 March
|Early (Close 30 April 2021)||Standard|
|Allied Health Practitioners||$70||$90|
The Gippsland Allied Health Symposium seeks to provide opportunities for:
- Promote flexibility, innovation and sustainability in regional allied health service delivery
- Promote research by rural and regional allied health professionals
- Showcase best practice and innovative solutions that could be applied elsewhere
regionally and/or across disciplines
- Promote continuing education and professional development activities to support rural
and regional allied health practice
- Promote networking, collaboration and inter-professional learning across the Gippsland
health and human services workforce
Who Should Attend:
- Rural / Regional Public and Private Allied Health Workforce
- Allied Health Students
- Public Servants / Policy Makers
- Health Academics / Researchers
- Tertiary Education Sector
- Other interested clinicians welcome
Allied health practitioners, including allied health professionals, allied health assistants and allied health students. This includes allied health in the areas of public health, private practice, education and disability. Any other interested clinicians are welcome!
The 2021 symposium will feature four keynote speakers, a selection of concurrent rapid-fire and oral presentations as well as a number of poster presentations. These presentations will be delivered by allied health professionals and allied health assistants from across Gippsland area and will explore the symposium theme of Future Ready – Inspiration, Innovation and Insight.
Provisional program coming soon. Please check this page regularly for updates as planning proceeds.
Abstract submissions for the 2021 Gippsland Allied Health Symposium are NOW OPEN!
Please download the form below and send your submission to email@example.com with subject line GAHS Abstract Submission before 12 March 2021.
- Locally developed projects that people can take away and implement in their own organisation
- Localised, likely small key but with a large impact
- Showcasing local initiatives with contact information to support future roll out.
- More long term and embedded with greater evidence based attached
- Demonstrating understanding to the rural/regional context
- Exploring what worked, what didn’t work and where has it brought you to now.
- Focus on new technology, innovative service delivery models and new ways of doing things
- Examples of workforce re-design
- Responses to funding streams and opportunities.
Not sure how to put a submission together?
Watch the How To Guide expertly put together by local Rural Nursing Allied Health Leads, Pam Harvey and Susan Waller @ Monash Rural Health WATCH HERE
Not sure about presenting?
This YouTube clip made especially for you by Pam Harvey to help set your mind at ease WATCH HERE
Any further questions?
Email GAHS Scientific Committee firstname.lastname@example.org