CDV Management Pty-author & speaker, The University of Montana
Attendees will gain perspective on the need to adopt change as a positive force and shift their thinking to feel more empowered, covering such points as:
- The 7 most expensive words are: ‘We have always done it that way’
- We can’t always control circumstances but we can always control our attitude
- Shift happens-in Mother Nature and human nature
- Change is inevitable. Learning from change is optional
- Winners become victors from change-rather than victims of change
- You can’t take care of your residents if you don’t take care of yourself
- Focus on the positive to produce professional and personal success
Laugh and learn how to get some hope happening in your life as Catherine shares lessons from an inspirational personal story, which can be applied to our working lives. From early days in an orphanage in Canada-to her parents dying of cancer the year she graduated from university-to arriving in Australia jobless and near penniless-to an international career with IBM in Japan, the former Australian Executive Woman of the Year knows that shift happens and hope happens in our professional and personal lives
She’s been a guest lecturer at Melbourne Business School but believes the best lessons revolve around common sense and a sense of humour.
Incorporating analogies of trekking to Timbuktu and climbing beyond Everest Base Camp, participants are encouraged to push personal limits in everyday life at home-to be Big, Bold & Beautiful; and are reminded of universal truths that have stood the test of time-not to make mountains out of molehills.
No wonder her memoir was titled ‘Who Says I Can’t?’ Yes, you can make a living and make a difference in Aged care!