Dorothy Rao, Community Services and Health Industry Council
- Findings from 3 years of public and targeted consultations – use this to plan your recruitment, succession and development strategies
- Why training hasn’t delivered in the past?
- How much can the training package safeguard against poor quality training and assessment outcomes?
- Reconciling the expectations of all parties and moving forward.
- What industry needs to do to demand better quality training outcomes.
- How to use the RTO as one of your departments:
- communicating with RTOs on how qualifications, electives and skills sets tie in with recruitment and succession planning and workforce development needs
- involving RTOs in recruitment strategies
- collaborating on training and assessment that reflects organisational standards and protocols
- providing meaningful work placement opportunities
- Successful workforce development outcomes in community sector
Why the topic will be of interest to conference participants:
With so much community sector and VET reform industry needs support to set and meet changing goals. As demands for services rise so too do workforce planning and development requirements. It will be useful for industry to see how they can have more control over how training outcomes deliver and develop their workforce.