Thank you for presenting at the 2019 COAT NSW Conference.
Please check the online program to re-confirm the time and room of your presentation. Whilst we don’t anticipate any changes please check the program again prior to your session.
Below are some tips to assist you. Most importantly, please ensure you start and finish your presentation on time.
Before the Session
- Please load your presentation files to the online folder prior to COB Thursday 5 September. Files should be named with your surname and the time of your presentation (Surname_Time). CLICK HERE TO UPLOAD YOUR SLIDES
- As a backup, we recommend bringing your presentation files to the conference on a USB. Embed any content such as audio or video (don’t link to external files).
- If you are unable to upload your presentation prior to COB Thursday 5 September, please bring your presentation files to the conference on a USB. Embed any content such as audio or video (don’t link to external files). Visit your presentation room at least 1 hour prior to your session to meet with the assigned A/V technician and upload your presentation to the computer system. This will allow you and the technician to identify any potential issues with your presentation. The registration staff will be able to direct you to your room.
- The presentation computers use PowerPoint with Windows operating system. As a backup, we suggest you bring your laptop if you use a Mac or require a specific or uncommon program. This should be coordinated in advance and any approved laptop/device must be presented to the in-room technician on your arrival at the conference.
- Each session room will be equipped for the presentation of PowerPoint slides and include a data projector, laptop, lectern and microphone.
- Note: Please ensure your PowerPoint presentations are in 16:9 aspect as 4:3 aspect (square) presentations will not fill the venue’s screen.
- The conference will seek your consent to post your presentation slides to the conference website following the event. Consent forms will be available in your presentation room and need to be signed prior to your presentation.
During the Session
- Please go to your session room 10 minutes prior to the start time to meet the session chair and familiarise yourself with the room.
- A technician will be located in the Ibis room throughout the day and will assist you and trouble shoot technical issues in the unlikely event these arise.
- Please sit in the front row so you can move to the lectern quickly when introduced by the Session Chair.
- The length of your presentation is noted in the program which includes time for questions. As a guide, we suggest allowing 10 minutes for questions at the end of your presentation.
- We do not want to embarrass you however the session chairs have been instructed to end all presentations after the allocated time, even if you are not finished, in order to keep the program to time.
- The session chair will flash timecards at 5 minutes, 2 minutes and 1 minute prior to the end of your presentation.
- At the end of your allocated time the chair will ring a bell for you to conclude immediately.
- The chair will only be able to ask questions if you have finished in time.
- If you have any queries, please direct these to the registration desk during the conference or email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the conference.
Handouts (if required)
- We suggest you bring a copy of your slides and any handouts with you (if desired). You can expect to have anywhere from 50 – 100 people attending your presentation.