Victor Harcourt Principal and Anita Courtney Senior Associate will discuss topical legal issues in residential and home care such as:
– additional services: what you can and cannot agree with the resident
– other charges: the case for and against
– security for payment: current issues with guarantees and caveats
– consumer choice and expenditure: what can you spend home care funds on?
– consumer choice and duty of care: managing your risks
– managing consumer budgets: reducing the risk of overspending
Anita provides a range of advice to aged care providers regarding their legislative responsibilities, risk management, compliance issues, disputes management and debt recovery issues. Anita assists in responding to complaints and prepares submissions on behalf of providers when dealing with the regulators. She also drafts the firm’s resident and accommodation agreements.
Victor Harcourt is a senior principal at Melbourne-based law firm Russell Kennedy, practising primarily in Aged Care, Retirement Living and Health Law as we all Public and Administrative Law.
Victor represents clients in inquiries, investigations, litigation, coronial inquests and disputes as well advising on areas of statutory interpretation, duty of care, governance, compliance, risk management, policy review and implementation.