Walk Cataract Gorge
Explore Cataract Gorge and First Basin with a local guide.
One of the special things to do in Launceston.
Don’t wonder. Wander. Truly get to know this place with a guided walk into and around Launceston’s breathtaking Cataract Gorge. It’s an experience like no other.
- See the amazing panoramas and Australian flora
- Hear the South Esk flowing over the Cataract
- Taste the flora of the Gorge
- Meet the feathered and furry wildlife
- Smell the unique scent of the Aussie bush
- Touch the ancient rock and the cool fresh water
Experience Tasmania in the truest sense of the word and take away a memory that will last you a lifetime. Immerse yourself and connect to Launceston’s No.1 visitor destination.
Walk Cataract Gorge offers two tours:
The one-hour, one-way walk from Kings Bridge to Frist Basin, The Jewel of Launceston, which combines the best that Cataract Gorge has to offer, 09:30am daily, $22 per person;
And the 45-minute tour, loop around First Basin including the Gardens, Launceston’s Natural Heart, giving you natures essentials for your Cataract Gorge visit, 11am and 12noon daily, $18 per person.
Book your tour online.